Rome to Export its Waste to Bulgaria
Rome will send its waste to Bulgaria. The Italian capital, which has been congesting garbage for several years due to insufficient capacity to process it, has begun negotiations with Bulgaria to absorb some of the Roman waste.
Nearly 800 tonnes of garbage per day are left untreated and exported to countries for collection.
For the past two years, the Roman municipality has spent € 14 million to transfer waste to Austria. The city's trash is also taken over Portugal.
The Roman government has started negotiations on one-year export and treatment of waste with Bulgaria after failing to negotiate a deal with Denmark and Sweden. The period in question will start from from January 1, 2020.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: A Powerful Storm Flooded Sofia
- » Bulgaria: Ticks Boom Across the Country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Thunderstorms in Many Places in the Country on July 5
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Summer Storms with Thunder and Hail, Sunny on the Black Sea
- » Weather Today: Rainy Over Western Bulgaria, on the SeaCoast - Perfect for the Beach
- » Weather in Bulgaria, July 2: Sunny and Warm, Temperatures Up to 35 Degrees