Rome to Export its Waste to Bulgaria
Rome will send its waste to Bulgaria. The Italian capital, which has been congesting garbage for several years due to insufficient capacity to process it, has begun negotiations with Bulgaria to absorb some of the Roman waste.
Nearly 800 tonnes of garbage per day are left untreated and exported to countries for collection.
For the past two years, the Roman municipality has spent € 14 million to transfer waste to Austria. The city's trash is also taken over Portugal.
The Roman government has started negotiations on one-year export and treatment of waste with Bulgaria after failing to negotiate a deal with Denmark and Sweden. The period in question will start from from January 1, 2020.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Max. Temperatures between 6°C and 11°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Max. Temperatures between 1°C and 6°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Windy and cold with max. temperatures between 1°C and 6°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Yellow Code for strong wind is in force for 27 districts in the country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy with Max. Temperatures between 3°C and 8°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Lowest Temp. in the Country was Measured in Kyustendil -10 °C