National Assembly Adopts Declaration on EU Accession of Northern Macedonia and Albania
Parliament has adopted a statement supporting Northern Macedonia and Albania to open EU accession talks. Deputies approved the Cabinet's Framework Position, which sets out a number of conditions for both countries.
Parliament adopted the statement by 129 votes in favor, 4 against, one abstaining.
The left political wing expressed displeasure that Foreign Minister Ekaterina Zaharieva was not present in parliament today.
BSP's Valeri Zabljanov described the Treaty of Friendship and Neighborhood with Northern Macedonia as weak and demanded Zaharieva's resignation. The governors defended the contract and defined the Cabinet Framework position as good.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Judges Association Demanded Resignation of Entire Supreme Judicial Council
- » Caretaker Interior Minister: Top Prosecutor Covers up for Corrupt Politicians, Magistrates in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Prosecution Office Requested More Info from US on Sanctioned Bulgarian Nationals under Magnitsky Act
- » Bulgaria Requests from US Additional Info on Persons Sanctioned under Magnitski Act
- » Passenger Vehicle Sales See Sharp Uptick in Bulgaria
- » EU Health Commissioner Comes to Sofia to Discuss Pandemic Issues, Vaccination