Over 400 Temperature Records Were Recorded This Summer
They are reported in 29 countries for the period May - August.
Nearly 400 absolute temperature records were broken during the summer in the Northern Hemisphere. This shows an analysis of measured values by the California-based Berkeley Climate Institute.
The records were improved in 29 countries from May to August. One third of the highest temperatures ever measured were reported in Germany, followed by France and the Netherlands.
The data include measurements from weather stations in the Northern Hemisphere that have at least 40 years of observations. Some have been reporting temperatures for more than 150 years and have also measured all-time highs.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Ministry of Environment Slaps Stiff Fines on Polluting Mayors
- » Bulgaria: Nevestino Villagers Start Strouma River Cleanup on Their Own
- » Three Earthquakes Registered in Bulgaria Tonight
- » Yellow Code for Dangerous Cold Weather in Bulgaria
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Freezing Weekend
- » Bulgaria after Flood Disaster: Tons of Urban Waste Clog Rivers across the Country