Police Officers Seized Over 8,000,000 Pieces Illegal Cigarettes for Over BGN 3 Million
Over 8,000,000 pieces of illegal cigarettes were seized as part of a joint operation by the State Security Service and the Customs Agency.
Cigarettes and cigarette-free tobacco were seized by police in Haskovo
Law enforcement officers inspected a truck parked outside a warehouse in the Iskar area. In the truck were found 730 masterboxes (7,300,000 pieces) of excise duty-free cigarettes. Subsequent checks at the warehouse in front of which the truck was parked, revealed another 73 masterboxes (730,000 pieces) of illegal tobacco products.
Charges have been filed against three people under Art. 324 of the Criminal Code. The total amount of illicit cigarettes detained is 803 masterboxes or 8,030,000 cigarettes. The prevented budget damage amounts to BGN 3 011 250.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 9 People Involved in a Criminal Group for Illegal Extraction and Sale of Wood Have Been Detained
- » 29-year-old Man Shot Near Sofia After a Car Race
- » 40 kg of Radioactive Blueberries From Chernobyl Were Seized by Ukrainian Border Patrol
- » Light Aircraft Overloaded With Cocaine Crashed on Take-Off on its Way to Australia
- » Bulgaria: Large Drug Lab in Yambol Discovered During a Police Operation
- » Man Was Stabbed Near the National Theater