Greta Thunberg Effigy Hanged in Rome
Prosecutors in Rome have launched an investigation into a grave threat after a dummy of climate activist Greta Thunberg was hanged under a Roman bridge, BTA reported.
The dummy which was found hanging from a bridge in Rome had pigtails and an attached sign saying “Greta is your God"
The photo provoked an immediate reaction from politicians. Rome Mayor Virginia Raggi condemned the stunt and offered her “solidarity and that of the whole of Rome” to the 16-year-old and her family.
“Our climate commitment does not stop,” said the mayor in a tweet.
Nicola Zingaretti, leader of the ruling centre-left Democratic Party (PD), said "we condemn this macabre violence against Greta".
The PD said "this is an offence against millions of young people".
Environment Minister Sergio Costa, of the M5S, said "this act will not intimidate us" in seeking ways to mitigate climate change.
A year ago, Greta Thunberg initiated the student movement “Fridays for Future" in climate protection. On September 27, it welcomed a massive mobilization of followers of the cause in Italy. According to the organizers of Fridays for Future Italy, a total of one million young people responded to their call throughout the country at that time.
Photo reposted by Rome Mayor Virginia Raggi on Twitter
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Sunday Times: Scientists in China Discovered a Virus Close to COVID-19 Seven Years Ago?
- » Bulgaria: Ministry of Interior Marks its Professional Holiday, Trade Union Protests Today, July 5
- » Bulgaria: Ticks Boom Across the Country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Thunderstorms in Many Places in the Country on July 5
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 180 Newly Registered Cases on July 5, 5677 Total
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Summer Storms with Thunder and Hail, Sunny on the Black Sea