5.9 Magnitude Earthquake Registered in Chile
A 5.9 magnitude earthquake on the Richter scale shook northeastern Chile near the border with Bolivia, according to data from the US Geological Survey.
The quake was registered at 10:40 GMT. The epicentre is 73 kilometres northeast of the city of Calama, home to more than 150,000 people. The depth was 112.4 kilometres.
There is no information about casualties and damage.
- » NIMH: Maximum Temperatures between 8C and 13C, Rain in the Evening
- » A 5.6 Magnitude Earthquake Recorded Off the Coast of the Philippines
- » Code Yellow Warning for Strong Winds Issued for 24 Bulgarian Regions
- » Weather Forecast: Drop in Temperatures, we can Expect Rain and Snow
- » Luxembourg Becomes the First Country in the World with Free Public Transport
- » A 6.2 Magnitude Earthquake Shook Indonesia's Tanimbar Region