North Korea: Negotiations with the US Have Failed
North Korea says negotiations with the US in Stockholm have failed. According to the country's chief negotiator, Washington has presented "nothing to the negotiating table," AFP reports.
The United States had "raised expectations by offering suggestions like a flexible approach, new method and creative solutions, but they have disappointed us greatly and dampened our enthusiasm for negotiation by bringing nothing to the negotiation table" Kim Myong-gil added. According to him, the situation on the Korean peninsula is at a crossroads "between dialogue and confrontation".
The resumption of dialogue between the two sides was a particularly anticipated event after a meeting between Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, which did not break through.
- » Moscow: Bulgaria is the Epicentre of a Campaign against Russia
- » US to Withdraw Troops from Kosovo unless Pristina Abolishes Customs Duties
- » Russia Bans Imports of Chinese Meat Products
- » The Pentagon: Russia and Turkey are on the Verge of an Armed Conflict in Idlib
- » The United States has Excluded 47 Goods from the List of Chinese Products Subject to Customs Duties
- » Two People Died from COVID-19 in Iran