The Price of Pork in Bulgaria - Artificially Inflated
The Prime Minister of the State Commission on Stock Exchanges and Markets Vladimir Ivanov shared that the pork prices in the country are artificially inflated, “Trud” newspaper reported. The price at the Bulgarian markets is around BGN 8.50 per kg. Meanwhile Docked on the international stock exchange, the price drops to USD 1.44 dollars per kilogram.
Thus, the trades profit from the African Swine Fever infection and raise the prices. Actually, the pork comes mainly from Belgium, the Netherlands and France. The Bulgarian production is not enough since years and the market rely on import.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Government offers the minimum Wage to become BGN 710
- » Health Minister Katsarov: 1.5 Million Tests have been Provided to the Bulgarian Education System
- » Tel Aviv is the most Expensive City in the World, according to the Economist's Ranking
- » The Business Climate in Bulgaria is Deteriorating, Retail is Suffering the Most
- » Bulgaria’s “Kozloduy” NPP reports a record BGN 717.5 Million Profit for the First Nine Months
- » Bansko is Preparing for the Winter Season