The Price of Pork in Bulgaria - Artificially Inflated
The Prime Minister of the State Commission on Stock Exchanges and Markets Vladimir Ivanov shared that the pork prices in the country are artificially inflated, “Trud” newspaper reported. The price at the Bulgarian markets is around BGN 8.50 per kg. Meanwhile Docked on the international stock exchange, the price drops to USD 1.44 dollars per kilogram.
Thus, the trades profit from the African Swine Fever infection and raise the prices. Actually, the pork comes mainly from Belgium, the Netherlands and France. The Bulgarian production is not enough since years and the market rely on import.
- » Bulgaria’s Government Proposes Budget Update, Increase in Debt Ceiling
- » Facebook will Help the News Industry Affected by the Coronavirus
- » Which are the Sectors and Companies that would be Eligible for the 60:40 Measure
- » World Bank: The Poor Countries Will Take the Hardest Hit
- » 98.6% of Chinese Production has Recovered
- » The Free Parking in the Blue and Green Zone in Sofia was Extended until April 12