EPP Group Chair in the EP: The Deal between Volkswagen and Turkey Must Be Reviewed
EPP Group chair in the European Parliament, Manfred Weber, has sent a letter to EU's competition commissioner Margrethe Vestager, asking the European Commission to start a review of the deal between German carmaker Volkswagen and Turkey over building a new plant close to Izmir, BNT reported, quoted by BNR
According to Mr. Weber, such a deal raised serious concerns about distortion of competition in the EU and loss of European jobs. All EU Member States are required to comply with strict rules on competition and state aid, while Turkey could grant state aid for produce that is to be later exported to Eastern Europe, Weber pointed out. According to him, all this was to the detriment of Bulgaria, which was a candidate for the new Volkswagen plant.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Protests in Bulgaria: Day 110
- » Bulgarian Government, Employers and Unions to Discuss 2021 Budget
- » International Gambling Laws: How Does Canada Compare to the USA?
- » Greece Travel Updates: Measures Extended to November 8
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Tests Positive For COVID-19
- » WHO and Wikipedia in a Collaboration About COVID-19 Information