Facebook Has Removed Hundreds of Accounts, Pages and Groups
The social network Facebook has announced that it has removed a total of 280 accounts, 149 pages and 43 groups, as well as 121 Instagram accounts in the UAE, Egypt, Nigeria and Indonesia, Reuters reported.
The network, which owns Instagram and WhatsApp, said the accounts were removed for "coordinated unauthorized behaviour." They spread content about the UAE's activities in Yemen and the Iran nuclear deal, as well as criticism against Qatar, Iran and Turkey.
Earlier this year, Facebook removed accounts from Iraq, Ukraine, China, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, Honduras and Israel.
The social network is trying to prevent online abuse and dissemination of misinformation, including in election campaigns.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Save Sofia offers a new tram line - № 17
- » Mathematician: By the end of the week Omicron will be dominant in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian professor: Endless vaccination with the same vaccine is not a good idea
- » Bulgarians celebrate St. Anthony’s Day
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Yellow Code for strong wind is in force for 27 districts in the country
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 2379 new cases in the last 24 hours