Jeff Bezos Remains the Richest Man in the United States even after his Divorce from Mackenzie
Amazon (Amazon) founder Jeff Bezos tops the list of the 400 richest people in the United States for the second year in a row, US Forbes magazine reported today.
The businessman's fortune is estimated at $ 114 billion. The full ranking of the richest businessmen in the United States will be published today, October 2.
Bezos’ costly divorce from his wife, Mackenzie, who received 19.7 million shares in Amazon, or 4 percent of the company did not forced him to concede the first rank. The entrepreneur remained with 12 percent of the company's shares. At the time of the formal dissolution of the marriage in early July, 4 percent was estimated at $ 38.3 billion, BTA recalls.
The Forbes ranking takes into account not only the net worth of the entrepreneurs, but also the extent to which they have earned it. Since 2018, Forbes has also begun to measure the "level of philanthropy" - the amount of money donated to charity by businessmen and what proportion they share in their total wealth.
In March, Bezos also topped the rating of the richest businessmen on the planet for the second time. At that time, the magazine estimated his worth at $ 131 billion.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19: Italy Bans Christmas Travels
- » COVID-19 Will Worsen Poverty in 47 Poorest Nations Says UN
- » Russian Supreme Court: Retailers Can Refuse Service to Customers without Masks
- » Putin: Start Mass Vaccination against COVID-19 in Russia Next Week
- » Latvia Extends Emergency Situation Until January 11
- » Germany: Two People Killed by Car in Pedestrian Zone in Trier