Strong Presentation and Positive Feedback About Maria Gabriel After the EP Hearing
Mariya Gabriel has received the unanimous approval of the committees of culture, education and industry, research and energy in the European Parliament. Last night, the Bulgarian was heard as her candidate for EU Commissioner for Innovation and Youth.
For more details, see the direct involvement of BNT's Brussels correspondent Dessislava Apostolova.
The comments on the Bulgarian Commissioner-designate are extremely positive, and her presentation to the EP is determined as strong and proving that Mariya Gabriel is ready for the post.
It was clear last night that it would receive the support of both committees, the question was whether it would be unanimous or with the required number of votes.
On 17 October, all committees will give their opinion on the proposals for the Commissioners in the various fields, and on 23 October the new composition of the European Commission, which takes office on 1 November, is to be voted on.
- » Six Countries Sign Common Document on Mobility Package
- » Foreign Ministry: Big Protests are Expected to Block Barcelona
- » Bulgaria and the EU - What EU Funds Will We Receive During the New Programming Period?
- » Gabriel is Launching a Project to Build a Center of Excellence
- » Bulgaria, Greece, Cyprus Launch Joint Initiative For Migrants in the Eastern Mediterranean
- » Mariya Gabriel Answered More Than 50 Questions During Her EP Hearing