Belene NPP Project to Be Licensed by the End of the Year
By the end of the year or at the beginning of the following year at the latest, the Nuclear Regulatory Agency (NRA) must license the project for the construction of the Belene NPP in view of changes in the legislation and requirements of the European Commission. This was announced by Energy Minister Temenuzhka Petkova during a ceremony at which the contract for the renewal of the license of the Sixth unit at Kozloduy NPP was formally signed, cited by the BGNES.
Agency chairman Lachezar Kostov confirmed that in the foreseeable future, within months, the necessary license will be issued.
The meeting was attended by Sergey Margelov, director Rosatom Central Europe, who said his company was following the competitive procedure for a strategic investor with interest. He recalled that in August the Russians had applied for the contest together with 12 other candidates.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria may lose 1.4 Billion Leva if the Territorial Plans for the Coal Plants are not ready
- » Bulgaria: Fuel to Increase in Price to 3 leva while Lukoil makes 1 Billion 800 Million Excess Profit
- » Bulgaria is Ending the Derogation for Russian Oil?
- » Eurostat: Nearly a Quarter of Bulgarians Fail to Heat their Homes Sufficiently
- » Bulgaria is considering Giving Up Russian Oil: Fuel Prices - Unchanged?
- » The Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office is Investigating Collusion and Illegal Schemes around TurkStream