Belene NPP Project to Be Licensed by the End of the Year
By the end of the year or at the beginning of the following year at the latest, the Nuclear Regulatory Agency (NRA) must license the project for the construction of the Belene NPP in view of changes in the legislation and requirements of the European Commission. This was announced by Energy Minister Temenuzhka Petkova during a ceremony at which the contract for the renewal of the license of the Sixth unit at Kozloduy NPP was formally signed, cited by the BGNES.
Agency chairman Lachezar Kostov confirmed that in the foreseeable future, within months, the necessary license will be issued.
The meeting was attended by Sergey Margelov, director Rosatom Central Europe, who said his company was following the competitive procedure for a strategic investor with interest. He recalled that in August the Russians had applied for the contest together with 12 other candidates.
- » Bulgaria Becomes Part of the Common European Electricity Market
- » Energy Expert: These 11 km from Balkan Stream are Extremely Important for Bulgaria
- » The Construction of the Balkan Stream Gas Pipeline Through Bulgaria Has Started (Video)
- » Agreements For Financing the Gas Connection Bulgaria - Greece Are Signed
- » The Sixth Unit of Kozloduy NPP Will Receive a License for another 10 Years
- » There Will be no Change in the Price of Electricity and Steam Until the New Year