A Man Doused Himself with Gasoline in in front of the British Parliament
A man with a lighter has been detained outside the UK's Parliament after covering himself in what appeared to be gasoline, London's Metropolitan Police said, quoted by the CNN.
Police have closed the famous Carriage Gate of parliament.
An unidentified man was reportedly arrested after spilling gasoline. Photos from the event show a man standing against a wall near the gates.
Conservative MP Huw Merriman tweeted:
"Man next to me at Parliament's carriage gates appears to have poured (what smells like) petrol on himself. Incredibly brave response from police, who are now helping him."
The man was detained under the Mental Health Act after the incident. Emergency services arrived at the scene shortly after the incident.
- » China with the Lowest Birth Rate since 1949
- » Italian PM Giuseppe Conte: EU May Send Troops to Libya
- » Croatia Has Lost Half a Million Workers in Ten Years
- » The US Senate Has Opened Trump's Impeachment Process
- » The US and China Put an End to the Trade War?
- » More than 10,000 Evacuated due to Bomb Threats in Moscow