Bulgaria's Budget Surplus Has Shrunk by More than a Half by the End of August
According to the Ministry of Finance, Bulgaria's budget surplus has shrunk to 600 million euros by the end of August. A month before that, the Treasury's surplus was above 1.5 billion euros, but sharply decreased after the deal for purchasing F-16 fighters, BNR reported.
The ministry expects the budget surplus to exceed 600 million euros in September. Usually, in the last months of the year, government spending increases. After being updated twice in 2019, an annual deficit of 2% of GDP is now envisages, which equals over 1 billion euros.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's Deputy PM Tomislav Donchev and BICA Discuss How to Effective Invest EU Funds in the Bulgarian Economy
- » Bulgarian Fibank Increases Its Capital
- » NSSI Bulgaria: More than 2 Million Retirees with Increased Amount of Pensions
- » IMF's Kristalina Georgieva: Virus Crisis Could Ultimately Test $1 Trillion War Chest
- » Why Bulgarians Take Quick Loans?
- » Bulgaria: VAT for Restaurants, Books and Baby Goods Becomes 9% from July 1