Bulgaria's Budget Surplus Has Shrunk by More than a Half by the End of August
According to the Ministry of Finance, Bulgaria's budget surplus has shrunk to 600 million euros by the end of August. A month before that, the Treasury's surplus was above 1.5 billion euros, but sharply decreased after the deal for purchasing F-16 fighters, BNR reported.
The ministry expects the budget surplus to exceed 600 million euros in September. Usually, in the last months of the year, government spending increases. After being updated twice in 2019, an annual deficit of 2% of GDP is now envisages, which equals over 1 billion euros.
- » Bulgaria's EU Funding Won't Be Reduced in the Next 7-Year Programming Period
- » Moody's Downgraded India's Credit Rating Outlook
- » Moody's Downgraded UK Credit Outlook Because of Brexit
- » Alipay is Now Available for Visitors and Tourists in China
- » The European Commission Raised Bulgarian GDP Growth Forecast for 2019 to 3.6%
- » Bulgaria to Buy Two Minehunters from the Netherlands for EUR 1 996 000