Aging of the Nation and Migration - Leading Factors that Exacerbate the Country's Demographic Crisis
The aging of the nation, social inequalities and migration are among the leading factors that exacerbate the country's demographic crisis. This is according to a study of scientists from the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences. They predict that in 30 years every tenth Bulgarian in the country will be over 80 years old.
Bulgaria will not disappear, scientists from the Institute for Population and Human Research at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences assure. The worst estimate is that by 2040 the country's population will be reduced to 5.8 million if the government does not take measures to overcome the crisis.
The survey considers changes in the values and attitudes of young generations towards professional realization, towards education and towards the population. They have increased demands on quality of life and child-rearing.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » PM Borissov: It is Most Important to Protect our Medical Professionals, They Will Receive Bonus Remuneration
- » Valery Simeonov Was Elected Deputy Chairman of the National Assembly
- » President Rumen Radev Has Returned the Proposal to Appoint Ivan Geshev as Prosecutor General
- » President Rumen Radev with a Statement on the New Attorney General's Decree
- » Bulgaria’s Parliament Accepts the Resignations of Liliyana Pavlova and Volen Siderov
- » Protest Against the Election of Geshev as Chief Prosecutor