Mariya Gabriel Ahead of Parliament Hearing
EU Commissioner Mariya Gabriel, nominated by Bulgaria for a new term, will be heard today in two committees of the European Parliament.
Mariya Gabriel will answer MPs' questions within three hours, between 6:30 pm and 9:30 pm local time. She will appear before the committees on culture and education and on industry, research and energy.
Ursula von der Leyen's proposal is for Bulgaria to head up the Innovation and Youth portfolio in the new European Commission.
Its composition will be voted on by the European Parliament on 23 October and will take office on 1 November. It is likely that Romania and Hungary will be replaced by candidates because of a conflict of interest.
- » Foreign Ministry: Big Protests are Expected to Block Barcelona
- » Bulgaria and the EU - What EU Funds Will We Receive During the New Programming Period?
- » Gabriel is Launching a Project to Build a Center of Excellence
- » Bulgaria, Greece, Cyprus Launch Joint Initiative For Migrants in the Eastern Mediterranean
- » Strong Presentation and Positive Feedback About Maria Gabriel After the EP Hearing
- » Mariya Gabriel Answered More Than 50 Questions During Her EP Hearing