UK Court Sentenced Bulgarian Woman to 9 Years in Prison
A 48-year-old Bulgarian woman was sentenced to 9 years in prison in the United Kingdom for beating and robbery. Gergana Georgieva is behind bars after beating the 81-year-old widow of renowned filmmaker Michael Winner and stealing £ 300,000 worth of jewellery.
The elderly woman suffered head injuries during the 3-hour robbery. The Bulgarian was a former lover of the director, and in 1999 he helped her obtain British citizenship, Daily Mail writes.
- » Europol: Crime is Increasing Rapidly during the Coronavirus Pandemic
- » Bulgarian Detained with 10 kg of Heroin at Malko Tarnovo Border Checkpoint
- » Bulgarian Citizen Arrested in Turkey for Drug Trafficking
- » Top 7 Most Stolen Cars in Bulgaria
- » 15 Tonnes of Marijuana were Seized in Mexico
- » Two Iranian Citizens Arrested for Attempting to Smuggle 687 kg of Heroin worth about BGN 62 Million