The US Department of Justice Launch its Own Antitrust Investigation against Facebook
The US Department of Justice plans to launch its own antitrust investigation against the Facebook company, Bloomberg news agency reported, citing own sources.
The decision was made, though experts on the US Federal Trade Commission are currently checking the work of the social network, sources have revealed. The two parallel investigations will not intersect and will affect different aspects of the company's operations.
In July, it became clear that US authorities are preparing to launch a large-scale investigation into Amazon, Google, Apple and Facebook. They will check whether these companies violate antitrust laws. The powers in the investigation were to be split between the Federal Trade Commission, which should oversee Amazon and Facebook, and the Justice Department, which had to deal with Apple and Google. Now, according to Bloomberg sources, the terms of the deal have changed, and in addition to Facebook, Amazon should also fall in the area of interest of the judiciary.
Along with the two agencies, the Democrats in the House of Representatives of the US Congress will also conduct their own investigation.
In August, the Wall Street Journal reported that a group of prosecutors had met with representatives of the Justice Department, which discussed the violations of large corporations, and then decided to conduct an antitrust investigation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Putin denounces "Inhuman Terrorist Attack" at Russian School
- » Russian Services have sent Forces to the Border with Georgia “Just in Case”
- » School Shooting in Russia – Victims Reported
- » The Kremlin is Discussing Closing the Border, Hundreds of Thousands of Russians have Left
- » Volodymyr Zelensky is the Most Influential Jewish Person in the World
- » Day 215 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The US will respond "Decisively" if Russia uses Nuclear Weapons in Ukraine