Facebook Has Bought a Startup which Is Exploring Ways to Control Computers with Brain Signals
Facebook has announced that it has bought New York-based startup CTRL-labs, which is exploring ways for people to communicate with computers using brain signals, Reuters reported.
The CNB estimates the deal at $ 1 billion, citing a well-informed source.
Facebook AR / VR Vice President Andrew Bosworth announced the deal in a message on the social network.
CTRL-labs will join Reality Labs on Facebook, Bosworth said, without specifying financial details of the deal.
According to media reports, CTRL-labs is working in the fields of cognitive psychology and machine learning to create an interaction mechanism through which people can control and work with computers through their minds. The company’s wristwatch, which is currently in development, uses gesture tracking sensors and will act as a data input.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU: A Ruble Account with Gazprombank Violates the Sanctions
- » EC: Bulgaria should Reduce its overall Dependence on Fossil Fuels and their Imports
- » 30% of all Liquefied Gas supplies to Greece are for Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria’s Finance Minister: Gas Stations are Using the Moment to Make more Profit
- » Italy and Germany have allowed use of Accounts in Rubles for Russian Gas
- » Russia Cuts Off Finland's Gas on Saturday