Facebook Has Bought a Startup which Is Exploring Ways to Control Computers with Brain Signals
Facebook has announced that it has bought New York-based startup CTRL-labs, which is exploring ways for people to communicate with computers using brain signals, Reuters reported.
The CNB estimates the deal at $ 1 billion, citing a well-informed source.
Facebook AR / VR Vice President Andrew Bosworth announced the deal in a message on the social network.
CTRL-labs will join Reality Labs on Facebook, Bosworth said, without specifying financial details of the deal.
According to media reports, CTRL-labs is working in the fields of cognitive psychology and machine learning to create an interaction mechanism through which people can control and work with computers through their minds. The company’s wristwatch, which is currently in development, uses gesture tracking sensors and will act as a data input.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kristalina Georgieva: We Expect the Worst Economic Fallout Since Great Depression
- » Decrease in The Construction of Buildings in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Trucks Blocked at the Border with Turkey
- » Jeff Bezos is Once Again World's Wealthiest Person
- » 3 to 6 Months Credit Deferral but Only for Good Payers
- » Retail Chains will be Obliged to sell Bulgarian Foodstuffs