Public Transport Strike Kicks off in Greece
It will affect the operation of part of the metro lines in the capital Athens. They also stop trams, buses and city rail.
Sailors and port officials are also on strike. Ferries and cargo ships will not move and ports are closed.
The railway staff will be on strike in 24 hours, but their protest will start on Thursday morning.
All strikes in Greece are due to changes in labor legislation and a draft law on privatization of public transport, which is being debated in parliament.
- » Bulgaria Allocates BGN 200,000 for Albania
- » The EU has Imposed Additional Sanctions on Syria
- » Pompeo: Kosovo's Independence is Crucial to the Stability of the Region
- » Albania Hopes to Raise EUR 400 Million to Recover from the Earthquake
- » Albania to Receive € 3m Donation from the Netherlands to Deal with Powerful Earthquake Damage
- » Bulgaria Returns another 54 Containers with Waste to Italy