Two Powerful Earthquakes in Albania - There Are Injured People and Material Damages
68 people were injured in two major earthquakes in Albania on Saturday. Serious material damage was caused. The earthquakes were of magnitude 5.6 and 5.3 on the Richter scale and were also felt in neighbouring countries. Their epicentre is at the sea near Durrës.
The condition of the victims is not severe.
Walls of residential buildings are cracked and there are several old houses that have fallen down. There is no evidence of damage to bridges and roads.
The capital of Tirana remained without power and communications for several hours, but connections have already been restored.
There were also 12 secondary earthquakes registered.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 15: Mostly Sunny Today
- » Inspection of the Bulgarian Minister of Agriculture Whether Unauthorized Plant Protection is being Used
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 14: Cool in the Morning. Warm in the Afternoon
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 13: Cloudy Windy Monday
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Warm and Windy Sunday
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot Weekend