Day without Cars: Parts of Major Cities in Bulgaria Are Closed for Cars
Major Bulgarian cities join the traditional "In town without my car!" European day on Sunday.
On this occasion part of the streets in Sofia will be closed. From 9 am to 7 pm cars will not be allowed in the perimeter between the boulevards "Prince Al. Dondukov", "Vasil Levski", "Patriarch Evtimii", "Hristo Botev" and "Todor Alexandrov". Citizens and guests of the city will be able to rely on public transport or choose to travel on foot, by bicycle or e-scooters.
In addition to Sofia, other major Bulgarian cities such as Varna and Plovdiv are taking part in the initiative.
The European "In town without my car!" campaign aims to reduce noise and harmful emissions into the air, and to improve the quality of life in major cities. The day without cars was celebrated for the first time in 1998 in France.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Code Orange Warning of Strong Winds and Rough Seas in Place for Burgas Region, Code Yellow for Varna and Dobrich
- » Weather Forecast: Sunny and Warm
- » Weather Forecast: Windy with Maximum Temperatures between 10C and 15C
- » Weather Forecast: Mostly Sunny
- » Code Yellow Warning for Hazardous Weather in 4 Bulgarian Regions
- » Weather Forecast: Broken Clouds with Maximum Temperatures between 4C and 9C