Migrant Situation in Greece Gets even Worse - Lesbos Camp Is Overcrowded
Authorities on the Greek island of Lesbos have said they are unable to accommodate more migrants, as currently, there are four times more people in the camp than its capacity.
12,000 people are currently detained in the Moria camp and there is no way to accommodate more migrants, authorities on the island said, BGNES and BNT reported.
Newcomers are required to sleep outdoors or in tents, as the facility accommodates only 3,000 people.
Authorities also said that yesterday at least 410 more migrants arrived at Lesbos from Turkey.
- » Kristalina Georgieva: Trade Conflicts Disrupt the Global Economy (EXTENDED)
- » Corbyn, Farage and Sturgeon Have All Opposed the New Brexit Deal
- » The New European Commission Delayed for at Least One Month
- » Donald Trump to Recep Erdogan: Don’t Be a Fool!
- » The Military Operation in Syria Forced 300,000 People to Displace
- » Japan to Participate in NASA's Lunar Program