The Cause of the NRA's Data Leak Revealed
“The personal identity code provided by the National Revenue Agency to users is the lowest level of protection,” said Atanas Temelkov, chair of the State E-government Agency addressing the parliamentary ad-hoc committee investigating the leak of the personal data of 5 million Bulgarian citizens from the National Revenue Agency (NRA), BNR reported.
“Bulgaria spends 0.5 percent of its GDP on information security which is the smallest sum compared to what other countries spend on this kind of activity,” he said. In Temelkov’s words, among the causes of the data leak from the NRA is the old hardware and the incorrect upgrade by different outside companies.
- » At least 11 Dead due to Heavy Rains in Brazil
- » PISA Survey: Many Young Bulgarians Prefer to Work in the Services Sector
- » Facebook Collapsed
- » Turkey Struck by 2 Major Earthquakes, 22 People were Killed
- » BNR: Programmes Targeted at Bulgarian Students in UK to Continue until the End of 2020
- » TASS: Bulgaria Declares Two Russian Diplomats Accused of Espionage Personae Non Gratae