The Gay Parade - Main Reason For Volen Siderov to Run For Mayor of Sofia
The main reason for Volen Siderov to run for mayor of Sofia would be to remove the gay parade. That's what he told reporters in parliament, Bulgaria ON AIR reported.
Whether the politician will actually enter the campaign has not yet been decided.
However, people with traditional Bulgarian values wanted him to join the election race. Siderov is about to meet precisely with the citizens' initiative committee, who want him to join the battle for mayor of the capital. If that happens Siderov will be a candidate for the Ataka Party. However, it is not clear from his words to the media if, when and how such a thing will happen.
Volen also declined to comment on whether he would support Yordanka Fandakova in a possible run-off.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend