Ivan Geshev: We Busted An Arms and Drug Trafficking Group from Bulgaria to the UK
A group for arms and drug trafficking from Bulgaria to the United Kingdom has been busted. The gang sent guns, automatic weapons, bullet-proof vests and heroin from Sofia to the Island by courier parcels, Deputy Prosecutor General Ivan Geshev said.
The participants in the criminal group - a total of six people - were detained on September 13 with 53 handguns, cartridges containing ammunitions, body armour, about 80 kg of heroin and a large sum of money.
One of the detainees, a British citizen, was declared wanted by a European arrest warrant but was nevertheless intercepted by Bulgarian services, Chief Commissioner Ivailo Spiridonov said.
Three people were arrested in the UK, the other three - in Bulgaria. On Wednesday, the Specialized Criminal Court will decide the measure of detainees Bulgaria.
- » Three Bulgarians Were Killed in a Shooting in Chicago
- » Bulgarian MPs Approved the Removal of the Fast Track Trial Proceedings in Premeditated Murder Cases
- » Police Officers Arrested Two Bulgarians for Trafficking in Persons for Begging in France and Sweden
- » Attention: New Types of Designer Drugs!
- » Police Officers Seized Over 8,000,000 Pieces Illegal Cigarettes for Over BGN 3 Million
- » Protesters Dyed the Iconic Wall Street Charging Bull in New York