Ivan Geshev: We Busted An Arms and Drug Trafficking Group from Bulgaria to the UK
A group for arms and drug trafficking from Bulgaria to the United Kingdom has been busted. The gang sent guns, automatic weapons, bullet-proof vests and heroin from Sofia to the Island by courier parcels, Deputy Prosecutor General Ivan Geshev said.
The participants in the criminal group - a total of six people - were detained on September 13 with 53 handguns, cartridges containing ammunitions, body armour, about 80 kg of heroin and a large sum of money.
One of the detainees, a British citizen, was declared wanted by a European arrest warrant but was nevertheless intercepted by Bulgarian services, Chief Commissioner Ivailo Spiridonov said.
Three people were arrested in the UK, the other three - in Bulgaria. On Wednesday, the Specialized Criminal Court will decide the measure of detainees Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor: Vasil Bozhkov and Tsvetan Vassilev Partner with Politicians and Journalists to Sabotage Bulgaria's Justice System
- » Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor Ivan Geshev: An Inspection of the Minister of Culture Has Been Appointed
- » SP's Office Summons PM Borissov over the Bobokov Investigation
- » Bulgarian Commandos Arrested Bozhkov's Security Chief
- » Bulgarian of Syrian Descent Arrested in Bourgas for Terrorism
- » Bulgaria: Anti-Corruption Commission with Claims for BGN 140 Million Against Minyu and Stayko Staykovi