Ivan Geshev: We Busted An Arms and Drug Trafficking Group from Bulgaria to the UK
A group for arms and drug trafficking from Bulgaria to the United Kingdom has been busted. The gang sent guns, automatic weapons, bullet-proof vests and heroin from Sofia to the Island by courier parcels, Deputy Prosecutor General Ivan Geshev said.
The participants in the criminal group - a total of six people - were detained on September 13 with 53 handguns, cartridges containing ammunitions, body armour, about 80 kg of heroin and a large sum of money.
One of the detainees, a British citizen, was declared wanted by a European arrest warrant but was nevertheless intercepted by Bulgarian services, Chief Commissioner Ivailo Spiridonov said.
Three people were arrested in the UK, the other three - in Bulgaria. On Wednesday, the Specialized Criminal Court will decide the measure of detainees Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Two Bulgarians are among those detained in a Drug Cartel broken up by Europol
- » Bulgaria: The Husband of the Murdered 28-year-old Mother of Two Children faces 20 Years in Prison
- » Bulgaria: Young Mother of Two was found Dead – Husband has been Arrested
- » Bulgaria: 12 Immigrants from Syria were Detained in Sofia in a Car with Serbian Registration
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister: Migrant Traffickers Fly at 200 km/h – Our Police Cars can’t Catch them!
- » Greece detained Bulgarians for defrauding Elderly People for over 260,000 euros