A Large Fire Broke Out near Sofia Airport
Yesterday, a large fire ignited near Sofia Airport. Dry grasses and bushes burned. Two teams of firefighters fought with the flames.
The fire was located about 500-600 meters away from the aviation fuel tanks.
According to witnesses, the flames began around 6.30pm from discarded trash from the nearby neighbourhood -Hristo Botev. The wind quickly expanded the fire near two hotels and a gas station.
Shortly after 8pm, the situation was well in hand.
Throughout the night, fire crews remained on duty near Sofia Airport.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Burgas Sand Sculptures Festival: Fairy Tales and Film Characters
- » COVID-19: Remdesivir Gets Conditional Approval by European Commission
- » Bulgarian Minister of Health Kiril Ananiev: Tighter COVID-19 Measures Again for More Than 200 Patients a Day
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 7: Cloudy and Rainy Today
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 174 Newly Registered Cases on July 7, 5914 Total
- » Weather in Bulgaria: A Powerful Storm Flooded Sofia