A Large Fire Broke Out near Sofia Airport
Yesterday, a large fire ignited near Sofia Airport. Dry grasses and bushes burned. Two teams of firefighters fought with the flames.
The fire was located about 500-600 meters away from the aviation fuel tanks.
According to witnesses, the flames began around 6.30pm from discarded trash from the nearby neighbourhood -Hristo Botev. The wind quickly expanded the fire near two hotels and a gas station.
Shortly after 8pm, the situation was well in hand.
Throughout the night, fire crews remained on duty near Sofia Airport.
- » Every Third Bulgarian Lives with Less than BGN 350 a Month
- » 6.4 Magnitude Earthquake in Philippines
- » PM Borissov Met with the CEO of Deutsche Welle
- » 20 Ancient Coffins Found in Egypt
- » The Embassy of Spain in Bulgaria and the Instituto Cervantes- Sofía with a Unique Concert of Rosario Montoya
- » IMF: The Global Economy Is in Recession