The Nomination of Lagarde for President of the ECB Will be Voted Today
Today, MEPs will vote on the nomination of Christine Lagarde as President of the European Central Bank.
Before the secret ballot there will be a debate in the plenary.
The European Parliament expresses its opinion on whether the candidate is suitable for the post, with the final decision being taken by the European Council.
Lagarde will replace Mario Draghi as head of the European Central Bank. Christine Lagarde has been the Executive Director of the International Monetary Fund since 2011. She was proposed in July by the Heads of State.
If approved, she will be the first woman to hold the post.
- » The New European Commission Delayed for at Least One Month
- » No Breakthrough in EU-UK Brexit Negotiations - Talks Continue Today
- » The EU Gives "Green Light" to Intensive Brexit Talks
- » The European Commission Launches Infringement Proceedings against Bulgaria and Portugal
- » Greece with the Highest Number of Unemployed Graduates in the EU
- » Bulgaria, Greece and Cyprus Want More Solidarity and EU Funds in order to Handle the Migrant Pressure