The Nomination of Lagarde for President of the ECB Will be Voted Today
Today, MEPs will vote on the nomination of Christine Lagarde as President of the European Central Bank.
Before the secret ballot there will be a debate in the plenary.
The European Parliament expresses its opinion on whether the candidate is suitable for the post, with the final decision being taken by the European Council.
Lagarde will replace Mario Draghi as head of the European Central Bank. Christine Lagarde has been the Executive Director of the International Monetary Fund since 2011. She was proposed in July by the Heads of State.
If approved, she will be the first woman to hold the post.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » European Commission Signs Contract with Gilead to Secure EU Access to Remdesivir
- » Belgium, Greece, Germany and Austria Tighten Measures Against the Coronavirus
- » Michel Barnier Accused Boris Johnson of Not Keeping His Promises
- » Brussels warns: Coronavirus Pandemic Threatens the Future of the Eurozone
- » Heads of EU and Western Balkans Countries will Meet Virtually
- » The EC Raised 7,4 Billion Euros to Develop a COVID-19 Vaccine