Sofia Celebrates its Holiday - September 17th
On 17th of September, Bulgaria's capital celebrates St. Sofia Day - the day on which the Orthodox church commemorates the Holy Martyrs Sofia and her three daughters Faith, Hope and Love.
The festive program begins at 11:30 am with an official ceremony of raising the flag of the city in front of St. Sofia Temple.
At 6.30 pm the Ivan Vazov National Theater will be presented with awards by the Sofia Municipality for outstanding achievements in the field of culture. At the end of the celebrations there will be a light show on Alexander the First Square from 8:30 pm.
The Day of the Holy Martyrs Sofia, Faith, Hope and Love was declared a city holiday by a decision of the Sofia City Council of March 25, 1992.
The Zoo, the Vrana Park Museum, the Regional History Museum and the Sofia City Art Gallery will be open today with a free entrance.
- » Parliament Officially Goes into Election Vacations Until October 25 Inclusive
- » We are Celebrating the Feast of Aviation and the Bulgarian Air Force
- » After the Security Council: Bulgaria Urges Turkey to Suspend Military Operation in Syria
- » The Security Council will Meet Today Due to the Situation in Syria
- » 40% of the Roads in Bulgaria are in Poor Condition
- » Rosen Plevneliev: Northern Macedonia MUST Be in the EU, Macron is Wrong