The European Parliament First Plenary Session after the Summer Begins
Strasbourg begins the first session of the European Parliament in the new political season. It will continue until Thursday inclusive.
Emphasis on the MEPs' agenda is the vote on Christine Lagarde's nomination for President of the European Central Bank. The vote is scheduled for Tuesday. On Wednesday, the main topic will be Brexit.
MEPs will look extensively at the possibility of granting a new deferral to London for leaving the Community. The EU's chief negotiator with the United Kingdom, Michel Barnier, will be included in the discussions.
Other topics highlighted on the agenda are the fires in the Amazon, the fight against fake news and the approval of more Horizon 2020 funding for research programs. The responsibility for this line was given to the Bulgarian Commissioner Mariya Gabriel. The Strasbourg plenary session will be chaired by David Sassoli.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Breaking News: Bulgaria's PM Borissov Calls for Convening Grand National Assembly and Changes to the Constitution, Plans to Resign Afterwards
- » Moscow With a Warning About the Redeployment of American Troops in Europe
- » Lawyer Sent a Signal to the State Agency for Child Protection Against Prime Minister Borissov
- » Presecutors Investigate the Italian PM and Other Members of His Government Over How They Handled the COVID-19 Crisis
- » Israel And The United Arab Emirates Have Reached a Historic Agreement
- » Former Vice-Chairman of GERB Tsvetanov Founding "Republicans for Bulgaria" on August 27th