EU Volleyball Tournament: Bulgaria Triumphs over Portugal
Bulgaria's men's national team made it difficult for themselves but recorded a third victory at the European Volleyball Championship. Silvano Prandy's team settled for 3-1 (25:23, 28:30, 25:23, 25:22) against Portugal in their third match of the tournament.
Tsvetan Sokolov became the highest scorer in the match, finishing with 33 points. Alessandra Ferreira of Portugal scored 22 points.
In their next game, the nationals meet France on Monday from 9.45 pm Bulgarian time. The last match of the team is on Tuesday with Italy.
Nationals' difficulties came from a large number of misplaced services. The Bulgarians were catching up in the first game, but were more focused in the first in the final part and pulled it out.
In the second game Bulgarians led by 19:13, but allowed themselves to turn. The Portuguese were inspired and leveled the score after 30:28.
The Bulgarians had moments of release at the end but closed the game after a turn in the fourth game.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Dropped Out of the Australian Open after a Tough Game
- » Grigor Dimitrov Received a Marriage Proposal after his Big Win at the Australian Open
- » Georgi Yanev, Alexander Alexandrov and Anelia Dukova Winners of the ISCT 2020 Squash Tournament
- » Official: Kubrat Pulev will Fight Anthony Joshua
- » Grigor Dimitrov to Play in Bulgaria at the Sofia Open 2020
- » Vladimir Iliev is the Athlete of the Year