BNR: Old Railway Line in Sofia to Be Transformed into Park Bike Lane
Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova presented, at a briefing, a municipal project for the construction, in the capital city, of a 3- kilometre bike lane, a significant part of which in a park, BNR reported.
This is the first segment of Sofia’s green ring which is to link the residential areas of Izgrev and Slatina. The cycling lane follows the route of a railway track which has been dismantled. The idea is for the lane to link all residential areas of the capital city with Sofia’s parks. The project can be implemented next year.
Local elections are scheduled in Bulgaria on 27 October this year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: The Driver who Killed Two Women and Escaped has been Arrested, He was on Drugs
- » Bulgaria: 45 Montenegrin Football Fans Detained after they Robbed a Gas Station
- » Professor Hristova: The Peak of the Summer Wave of COVID-19 in Bulgaria is expected in August
- » Temperatures are Dropping, Dangerous Weather in half of Bulgaria
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 866 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » 2 Women Aged 22 and 26 Killed in Sofia. The Driver Fled (UPDATED)