France Wants the EU to Create Its Own Digital Currency and Ban Facebook’s Cryptocurrency
France has proposed the EU to create its own national digital currency and abandon the use of Facebook's Libra cryptocurrency to protect its financial sovereignty. This was stated today by French Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire on his arrival at the meeting of the European finance ministers in Helsinki, BTA quoted Reuters and TASS as saying.
The proposal to create a national digital currency has already been tabled at the Eurogroup meeting and will be discussed at the next meeting of the International Monetary Fund in Washington in October, Le Maire stressed.
The EU needs to introduce a common set of rules for regulating virtual currencies, which is now happening mostly at national level, the minister added.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Ministry of Transport will Manage "Bulgarian Posts"
- » Foreign Minister: Joining the OECD is Bulgaria's most Serious Integration Effort after the EU and NATO
- » Russian Senator: Bulgaria should Freeze because it is an Unfriendly Country
- » Bulgarian Defense Minister: There is Real Danger that within 3-4 years We will Not be Able to Carry Out our Combat Duty Alone
- » Former Bulgarian PM: It would be Tragic to Give Up Liquefied Gas and Pay in Rubles
- » Bulgaria is 67th in terms of Military Power. Who in the World is First?