France Wants the EU to Create Its Own Digital Currency and Ban Facebook’s Cryptocurrency
France has proposed the EU to create its own national digital currency and abandon the use of Facebook's Libra cryptocurrency to protect its financial sovereignty. This was stated today by French Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire on his arrival at the meeting of the European finance ministers in Helsinki, BTA quoted Reuters and TASS as saying.
The proposal to create a national digital currency has already been tabled at the Eurogroup meeting and will be discussed at the next meeting of the International Monetary Fund in Washington in October, Le Maire stressed.
The EU needs to introduce a common set of rules for regulating virtual currencies, which is now happening mostly at national level, the minister added.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » European Commission: Bulgaria Has No Legal Criteria for the Minimum Wages
- » Kosovo with New Government and PM Avdullah Hoti
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov: The State of Emergency Expires on June 15 and All Measures Must be Lifted
- » India: A Pigeon Has Been Arrested And Accused of Being a Pakistani Spy
- » Ministry of Labor and Social Policy: BGN 1 Million for Computers to Socially Disadvantaged Children in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Foreign Minister Zaharieva: Full Recovery of the Movement in the EU from June 15