The United States Has Allocated $ 250 Million in Military Assistance to Ukraine
The US government has allocated $ 250 million in military aid to Ukraine, BTA reported, citing U.S. senators.
The funds were released after congressmen from both parties expressed dissatisfaction that the White House is withholding funds approved by Congress.
The disagreement over the military aid for Ukraine was one of the recent disputes between Trump and congressmen over the government's attempts to disregard Congressional funding decisions for certain initiatives.
The money given to Kiev will be used to fight Moscow-backed pro-Russian separatists in eastern Ukraine. Russia annexes Ukraine's Crimea peninsula in 2014.
Since Trump became a president, the White House has tried to suspend the military aid to Ukraine several times, but the Congress has opposed those plans.
- » 90 People Were Detained during Protests in Paris
- » Migrant Situation in Greece Gets even Worse - Lesbos Camp Is Overcrowded
- » Four People Were Killed in the Floods in Texas after Imelda
- » 600 Protests Are Planned in the United States on September 20-27
- » Queen Elizabeth II Owns Four Apartments in Moscow, but She May not Know about them
- » Mark Zuckerberg Met Donald Trump at the White House