Illegal Organ Donor Scheme Busted in Bulgaria
The Prosecutor General's Office and the Antimafiots with another strike against organ traffickers. According to NOVA, four people were detained on the Bulgarian-Turkish border on Tuesday night. Two of them are organizers of a kidney donor recruitment scheme that provided seriously ill Bulgarians with organs.
The transplants were made in Turkey, where false documents that the donor and recipient were relatives were presented.
In order to get a kidney, the needy paid 60,000 euros each.
- » Billion Dollar Business: Illegal Puppies Trade from Eastern Europe
- » € 2 Million Worth of Valuables Were Stolen from the Vaux-le-Vicomte Chateau in France
- » Ivan Geshev: We Busted An Arms and Drug Trafficking Group from Bulgaria to the UK
- » British Man Charged with Child Sex Abuse in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Special Prosecutor's Office: Charges Brought Against 4 People for Organ Trafficking
- » Seven People Killed in Terrorist Attack in Turkey