Illegal Organ Donor Scheme Busted in Bulgaria
The Prosecutor General's Office and the Antimafiots with another strike against organ traffickers. According to NOVA, four people were detained on the Bulgarian-Turkish border on Tuesday night. Two of them are organizers of a kidney donor recruitment scheme that provided seriously ill Bulgarians with organs.
The transplants were made in Turkey, where false documents that the donor and recipient were relatives were presented.
In order to get a kidney, the needy paid 60,000 euros each.
- » Police Took Down a Drug Trafficking Network in Europe, 11 Arrested
- » Pirates Abducted 19 Members of a Greek Tanker
- » Polish Customs Officers Seized Cocaine for Half a Billion Euro in Poland
- » Computer Scammers Have Stolen Tens of Millions from over 47 Companies Worldwide
- » Six Romanians Were Accused of Raping their Own Children
- » Europol Has Shut Down over 30,000 Web Pages for Intellectual Property Infringement