MPs Will Adopt Measures to Protect Personal Data
MPs are expected today to ratify the Protocol amending the Convention on the Protection of Individuals with regard to the Processing of Personal Data.
The Protocol was finally approved during the 128th Session of the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe in May 2018. Special protection is provided for certain categories of personal data - genetic and biometric.
Personal data relating to crime, criminal proceedings and convictions will also be protected. The Protocol also prescribes the preservation of data revealing information about racial or ethnic origin or political views.
- » Valery Simeonov Was Elected Deputy Chairman of the National Assembly
- » President Rumen Radev Has Returned the Proposal to Appoint Ivan Geshev as Prosecutor General
- » President Rumen Radev with a Statement on the New Attorney General's Decree
- » Bulgaria’s Parliament Accepts the Resignations of Liliyana Pavlova and Volen Siderov
- » Protest Against the Election of Geshev as Chief Prosecutor
- » The 1st Television Interview of Ivan Geshev After His Election as Chief Public Prosecutor