Low Interest Rates on Loans Have Led to More Interest
In 2015, interest in lending returned. Last year and this year it was the strongest, caused by a fall in interest rates. For mortgage loans, interest rates are between 2.75% and 3.3%, which is historically low. This is commented by the credit consultant Tihomir Toshev on BNT.
In consumer lending, most countries in Europe have higher interest rates than Bulgaria.
Just over BGN 100,000 is the average growth of a mortgage loan in the country. Over 130,000 BGN is the average mortgage loan in the capital, given the higher property prices in Sofia.The risks are to overestimate our capabilities.
The growth of deposits is very serious - almost BGN 55 billion is currently in the banks. Because of low interest rates and high inflation, we are losing some of our savings, which means we are thinking of other investment options, he said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Reuters: Euro Zone Ready to Let Bulgaria and Croatia Into the ERM-2 Mechanism
- » IMF Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva: Emergency Financing to 72 of the World’s Poorest Countries
- » Eurozone Agrees EUR 750 Million of Debt Relief Measures for Greece
- » Important Moments and Insights From the Bitcoin History
- » Summer 2020 Economic Forecast: Deeper Recession With Wider Divergences
- » EC and EIB Provide CureVac With a €75 Million Financing for Vaccine Development