624 Million Euro Were Transferred into the Country from Bulgarians Abroad for just the First Half of the Year
Finance » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
According to Bulgarian National Bank data, 624 million euro has been transferred to Bulgaria from Bulgarians living and working abroad in the period from the beginning of the year until 30 June, 2019, BNR reported.
The biggest sums have been transferred from Germany, USA and Spain. In some households the money transfers from abroad are for no less than 1,200 euro a year. Economists say that after returning to this country, the Bulgarians who have worked abroad continue to pump money into the national economy.
The money coming in from abroad is also important to Bulgarian manufacturers because they use it to buy commodities on the local market and that boosts company revenues.
- » Bulgaria Is among the Countries Which Attracted Most Funds under the Juncker Investment Plan
- » Oil Prices Rise with 10%
- » Greece is Preparing to Cut Income Taxes
- » In the Period January - June 2019 Bulgarian Exports to the EU Grew by 5.1%
- » In 2018 the Goods Exported From Bulgaria amounted to BGN 56 030.4 Million
- » The Amount of the Fiscal Reserve as of June 30 is BGN 11.7 billion