New Debate and Voting on the Brexit Saga
The saga of Brexit continues - Prime Minister Boris Johnson is expected today to propose a second endorsement of early elections in mid-October.
However, on Friday, the opposition announced it would not support such a request. The final vote on the Brexit blocking bill without a deal is also planned for today. If approved, London will have the opportunity to request another three-month postponement of leaving the EU.
According to local media, Cabinet Johnson will try to circumvent the law if it gets the green light.
A number of European countries, led by France, have already expressed their firm belief that they see no point in delaying another Brexit.
Today, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson will meet with his Irish counterpart, Leo Varadkar.
- » The EU Is Stepping up its Defense and Security Efforts
- » Erdogan: Turkey Could Suspend EU Membership Talks
- » Belarus Must Abolish the Death Penalty in order to Become a Member of the European Council
- » The European Council to Impose Sanctions over Turkish Drilling Operations near Cyprus
- » More than 300 Refugees and Migrants Have Been Transferred from the Island of Lesbos to Athens
- » Denmark Will Temporarily Resume Border Checks at the Border with Sweden