New Debate and Voting on the Brexit Saga
The saga of Brexit continues - Prime Minister Boris Johnson is expected today to propose a second endorsement of early elections in mid-October.
However, on Friday, the opposition announced it would not support such a request. The final vote on the Brexit blocking bill without a deal is also planned for today. If approved, London will have the opportunity to request another three-month postponement of leaving the EU.
According to local media, Cabinet Johnson will try to circumvent the law if it gets the green light.
A number of European countries, led by France, have already expressed their firm belief that they see no point in delaying another Brexit.
Today, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson will meet with his Irish counterpart, Leo Varadkar.
- » The EU Council Endorsed Kövesi's Candidacy For Prosecutor General
- » The European Parliament Supported a New Postponement of Brexit
- » The European Parliament is Discussing Brexit
- » There Will be New Parliamentary Elections in Spain on November 10th
- » The European Parliament Backed Christine Lagarde as ECB chief
- » The Nomination of Lagarde for President of the ECB Will be Voted Today