New Debate and Voting on the Brexit Saga
The saga of Brexit continues - Prime Minister Boris Johnson is expected today to propose a second endorsement of early elections in mid-October.
However, on Friday, the opposition announced it would not support such a request. The final vote on the Brexit blocking bill without a deal is also planned for today. If approved, London will have the opportunity to request another three-month postponement of leaving the EU.
According to local media, Cabinet Johnson will try to circumvent the law if it gets the green light.
A number of European countries, led by France, have already expressed their firm belief that they see no point in delaying another Brexit.
Today, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson will meet with his Irish counterpart, Leo Varadkar.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Michel Barnier Accused Boris Johnson of Not Keeping His Promises
- » Brussels warns: Coronavirus Pandemic Threatens the Future of the Eurozone
- » Heads of EU and Western Balkans Countries will Meet Virtually
- » The EC Raised 7,4 Billion Euros to Develop a COVID-19 Vaccine
- » Bulgaria has Officially Applied for the Eurozone
- » Eurostat: The Highest Rate of Severe Material Deprivation is in Bulgaria