Commission in the EP Approves Christine Lagarde as Head of the ECB
The European Parliament's Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs has supported, by secret ballot, Christine Lagarde's nomination to become President of the European Central Bank.
European leaders chose the current IMF chief as Mario Draghi's successor in July.
In order to take up the post in November, Lagarde also needs the approval of the entire European Parliament.
The vote is two weeks away, after which European leaders must officially confirm her appointment at their regular summit in mid-October.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian PM to Protesters: I Hear You But Next Months Will Be Extremely Difficult to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Finance Minister Goranov: The Government Is Not Considering Resigning
- » Protests in Bulgaria: Fifth Day in a Row Bulgarians Demand on the Government and Prosecutor's Resignation
- » Democratic Bulgaria, Hristo Ivanov: There Must Be Early Elections, People Are Ready For Them
- » Forth Day in a Row: Protests in Sofia, Varna, Plovdiv, Burgas; A Girl Climbed the Former Party House in Sofia
- » Extraordinary Address of Bulgaria's PM Borissov: We Remain in Power! The Opposition Will Break the State!