Commission in the EP Approves Christine Lagarde as Head of the ECB
The European Parliament's Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs has supported, by secret ballot, Christine Lagarde's nomination to become President of the European Central Bank.
European leaders chose the current IMF chief as Mario Draghi's successor in July.
In order to take up the post in November, Lagarde also needs the approval of the entire European Parliament.
The vote is two weeks away, after which European leaders must officially confirm her appointment at their regular summit in mid-October.
- » Parliament Officially Goes into Election Vacations Until October 25 Inclusive
- » We are Celebrating the Feast of Aviation and the Bulgarian Air Force
- » After the Security Council: Bulgaria Urges Turkey to Suspend Military Operation in Syria
- » The Security Council will Meet Today Due to the Situation in Syria
- » 40% of the Roads in Bulgaria are in Poor Condition
- » Rosen Plevneliev: Northern Macedonia MUST Be in the EU, Macron is Wrong