Commission in the EP Approves Christine Lagarde as Head of the ECB
The European Parliament's Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs has supported, by secret ballot, Christine Lagarde's nomination to become President of the European Central Bank.
European leaders chose the current IMF chief as Mario Draghi's successor in July.
In order to take up the post in November, Lagarde also needs the approval of the entire European Parliament.
The vote is two weeks away, after which European leaders must officially confirm her appointment at their regular summit in mid-October.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: MRF Will Not Support GERB for New Constitution and Grand National Assembly
- » Bulgaria: Chairman of Information Services - 4 Months is the Delivery of Voting Machines
- » Upholding the independence of the Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office: National Meeting on Monday
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Accepted the Changes in the Cabinet