The British Police Seized Heroin Worth $145 Million
British police have seized nearly 1.3 tonnes of heroin hidden between towels in a container ship at the port of Felixstowe which is the United Kingdom's busiest container port, dealing with 48% of Britain's containerised trade. This was reported by DPA and France press reports.
The agency cites a statement issued today by the UK's National Organized Crime Unit.
On Friday, British and border guards discovered a record amount of heroin on a ship bound for the Belgian port city of Antwerp.
After the drug was seized, the container was returned to the ship, which left for Antwerp and landed in the Belgian city on Sunday. The container was subsequently taken to the Dutch city of Rotterdam, where, in a joint operation by the Dutch and Belgian forces, four people were arrested, who were tasked with unloading the contents of the container, BTA informs.
The seized heroin is estimated to have a sale price of about $ 145 million, British police said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor Ivan Geshev: An Inspection of the Minister of Culture Has Been Appointed
- » SP's Office Summons PM Borissov over the Bobokov Investigation
- » Bulgarian Commandos Arrested Bozhkov's Security Chief
- » Bulgarian of Syrian Descent Arrested in Bourgas for Terrorism
- » Bulgaria: Anti-Corruption Commission with Claims for BGN 140 Million Against Minyu and Stayko Staykovi
- » Bulgaria: Former Ministers Simeon Dyankov, Traicho Traikov and Businessman Prokopiev Acquitted in EVN Case