45 Years since Kozloduy NPP Was Put into Operation
Kozloduy NPP Unit 6 is expected to receive a new operating license within a month, which will allow it to operate for the next 10 years. This extends the life of the unit whose project resource expires this year.
The technical condition of the reactor and the facilities indicate that it can produce electricity in the next 30 years, Deputy CEO of the plant Alexander Nikolov said in an interview with Horizon.
"The analysis is ready, it was submitted to the Nuclear Regulatory Agency a year ago. The analysis indicates that the state of block 6 is similar to that of block 5. The analysis shows that Unit 6 will be operational for another 30 years, ”he explained.
Soon, the 6th unit of Kozloduy NPP will be stopped for planned annual repairs. It works entirely with the new type of Russian fuel.
Block 5 analyzes whether it can switch to US fuel supplied by the Westinghouse company, said Alexander Nikolov.
Today it is 45 years since Kozloduy NPP was put into operation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » NSI: Increase in the Production of Unleaded Motor Gasoline - by 1.4% and Natural Gas
- » ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 TPP Produced 13% of the Country's Electricity since the State of Emergency’s onset
- » Rosatom Company to Modernize Kozloduy NPP
- » US Delegation Visited “ContourGlobal Maritza East 3” TPP
- » Minister of Energy Temenuzhka Petkova: Bulgaria is Integral Part of the Southern Gas Corridor
- » Temenuzhka Petkova: Bulgaria will Continue to Rely on its Coal Plants