US Imposes Sanctions on Iran's Space Program
The United States has imposed sanctions on Iran's space program, saying the recent explosion is a sign of rocket work.
"The United States will not allow Iran to use its space launch program as a cover for the progress of its ballistic missile programs," Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said in a statement.
"Iran's attempt to launch space missiles on August 29 is a sign of a threat," he said.
Pompeo said the US is imposing sanctions on the Iranian Space Agency and two related research centers, AFP reported. All U.S. residents will be held criminally responsible for interacting with Iran's space program.
"These actions should serve as a warning to the international scientific community that cooperation with Iran's space program may contribute to Tehran's ability to develop a nuclear weapons delivery system.
Iranian government spokesman confirmed on Monday a satellite blast in the northern part of the country, pointing to a technical error.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Islamic State: The Coronavirus Pandemic is a Punishment for Our Enemies
- » First Private Astronauts Postponed Their Flight with Space X Due to the Bad Weather Conditions
- » A New Spacecraft Will be Launched Towards Mars This Summer
- » Another Dark Week in Brazil - total number of cases over 374,800
- » 5G Technology is Being Tested in Slovenia
- » Mystery Rocket was Launched in Space this Sunday