Mike Pompeo and Ursula von der Leyen Confirmed the Partnership between the US and the EU
US Secretary of State and new European Commission chief Ursula von der Leyen have confirmed that the talks focused on a close partnership between Washington and Brussels, the US State Department said.
"US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo met with the newly elected European Commission chief Ursula von der Leyen in Brussels today and congratulated her on her election," AFP reported, quoting the official statement.
It is noted that the two have "reaffirmed their focus on close US-EU partnership, which is crucial for prosperity on both sides of the Atlantic and around the world."
"They have expressed a common commitment to work together on a wide range of global issues," the State Department report concludes.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus
- » Head of State Rumen Radev Discussed with his Serbian Counterpart President Aleksandar Vucic Overcoming the Crisis Caused by the Coronavirus
- » The Presidents of Bulgaria and Romania Rumen Radev and Klaus Iohannis Discussed the Efficient Supplies of Food and Raw Materials in the Conditions of Crisis
- » The Government has Approved a Program for Supporting Bulgarian Communities Abroad
- » Stoltenberg: Bulgaria has Received NATO support in the Fight against COVID-19