Mike Pompeo and Ursula von der Leyen Confirmed the Partnership between the US and the EU
US Secretary of State and new European Commission chief Ursula von der Leyen have confirmed that the talks focused on a close partnership between Washington and Brussels, the US State Department said.
"US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo met with the newly elected European Commission chief Ursula von der Leyen in Brussels today and congratulated her on her election," AFP reported, quoting the official statement.
It is noted that the two have "reaffirmed their focus on close US-EU partnership, which is crucial for prosperity on both sides of the Atlantic and around the world."
"They have expressed a common commitment to work together on a wide range of global issues," the State Department report concludes.
- » Prime Minister Borisov Met with the Greek Minister For Migration Policy
- » Russian President Vladimir Putin Will Visit Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria and Norway Will Work on Joint Projects in the Western Balkans
- » Boris Johnson Will Meet Jean-Claude Juncker Today
- » Presidents of Turkey, Russia and Iran Meet in Ankara
- » Bulgaria Charges NGO Official With Spying For Russia