Current Sofia Mayor will Run for New Term at Local Elections in October
Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova will run for Mayor at local elections to take place on 27 October, she said while inspecting the construction of a section of the third underground line, Focus News Agency reported.
She said she had promised to announce her decision to run for mayor or not in early September, “I’ve made my decision, I will run for mayor of our city," said Fandakova.
"Sofia has been developing over the last 10 years not with talks but with a lot of work. I will once again rely on a clear and accurate work schedule, one that includes new projects, new ideas with new people, new energy, because work for Sofia must continue,” Fandakova said.
I have always received the support of Prime Minister Boyko Borissov, she further said. "He has been a mayor of Sofia, he knows the work. Without the support of the government, big projects cannot continue to develop," the mayor commented.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Results of Run-Offs for District Mayors in Sofia at 100% Proceeded Protocols
- » The Current Mayor of Pleven Won Another Term
- » Atanas Kambitov Lost the Run-Off in Blagoevgrad
- » Pencho Milkov Wins the Run-Off in Ruse
- » Gallup First Exit Poll Results: Ivan Portnih Is the New Mayor of Varna
- » There Were Fewer Complaints in Second Round of Local Elections