1 Billion BGN is the Profit of the Banks For the First 7 Months of 2019
One billion leva is the profit of the banks for the first seven months of the year, according to BNB data. It increased by BGN 95 million compared to July last year.
About 60% of assets in the banking system are concentrated in the five largest banks, BNB data show. The whole system has seen an increase in the credit portfolio and the portfolio of government securities.
In July, the Ministry of Finance released two debt issues, with very strong interest from banks. Deposits also continue to increase.
Overall, indicators in the banking system are improving, according to BNB data.
- » It is Possible For Bulgaria to Join the "Waiting Room" For the Euro Area by June 2020
- » The Euro Zone Budget Will Be Approximately EUR 17 Billion
- » Six Bulgarian Banks Rank in the Top 100 of the Largest Financial Institutions in Central and Eastern Europe
- » IMF: Trade Wars Affect the Global Economy
- » The Banks which Are Affected by Brexit Are Heading to Frankfurt
- » What Is Sure for Budget 2020: 10% Increase in Public Administration Salaries, as well as a Double Increase in Teacher Salaries