1 Billion BGN is the Profit of the Banks For the First 7 Months of 2019
One billion leva is the profit of the banks for the first seven months of the year, according to BNB data. It increased by BGN 95 million compared to July last year.
About 60% of assets in the banking system are concentrated in the five largest banks, BNB data show. The whole system has seen an increase in the credit portfolio and the portfolio of government securities.
In July, the Ministry of Finance released two debt issues, with very strong interest from banks. Deposits also continue to increase.
Overall, indicators in the banking system are improving, according to BNB data.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Growth in Bulgaria’s Gross Domestic Product
- » Asen Vassilev: Within 2 weeks Bulgaria will have a Draft Budget 2023 with a 3% Deficit
- » Over 75% of Bulgarians have Difficulty covering their Daily Expenses
- » Kristalina Georgieva: There is no significant slowdown in Lending
- » Bulgaria: Inspections of Fast Loan Companies are starting all over the country
- » Bulgaria: The Budget Committee accepted the Budget Extension