Bulgarian Police Busted Phone Scammers Group
Seven of the eight detainees were arrested in Levsky while one of them - in Sofia, reports BNT.
Specialized prosecution is expected to decide Saturday how many of them will be charged with criminal activity.
A dozen of accommodations were searched in the town on Friday morning. Police confiscated a great number of cellular phones, much money and at least 1 kg of gold ornaments.
All of the detainees have criminal dossiers and most of them have been convicted.
The group was involved in telephone deceit all over the country. It is the second gang to be crushed down after a similar one in the town of Gorna Orjahovitsa, investigators say.
Deputy prosecutor-in-chief Ivan Geshev expressed optimism and declared prosecutors' ambition that in 6-8 months that kind of criminal activity would be significantly diminished.
- » 43 Migrants were Found in a Truck in Northern Macedonia
- » The Interior Ministry has no Information on an Investigation by the Spanish Authorities against PM Borissov
- » One of the Killed in the Shootings in the German city of Hanau is a Bulgarian Citizen
- » The Rapper Pop Smoke was Shot Dead
- » Ministry of Justice Asked the UAE for the Extradition of Vasil Bozhkov
- » 24 People were Killed in a Church Attack in Burkina Faso