Bulgarian Nestinarstvo Ritual – Dancing Barefoot on Burning Embers
For the first time, residents and guests of the city had the opportunity to experience the fiery magic of ‘nestinarstvo’ in the heart of the Sea Garden, said the press office of Burgas Municipality.
The mystical ritual of dancing barefoot on burning embers was presented in front of the Pantheon in Burgas. The astonishing fire dance was part of the program of the 47th edition of the International Folklore Festival. Groups from Russia, Cyprus, Slovakia, Romania, Poland, Serbia, Georgia, and Bulgaria took part in the festival, whose official closing is tonight. All participants will join in the colorful closing show in Troyka Square at 5.30 pm. The official ceremony will take place at the Summer Theatre at 8.00 pm.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Grammy Awards postponed until mid March
- » How Bulgarians Celebrate Christmas Eve - Customs and Traditions
- » 250 Years from The Birth of Beethoven
- » Sofia Theater: Love Is Emergency Situation, Pandemic or Not
- » Bulgarian Cinema Will Receive BGN 10 Million More Yearly
- » Sofia Art Gallery Opens First 3D Exhibition of Chagall and Dali