Bulgarian Nestinarstvo Ritual – Dancing Barefoot on Burning Embers
For the first time, residents and guests of the city had the opportunity to experience the fiery magic of ‘nestinarstvo’ in the heart of the Sea Garden, said the press office of Burgas Municipality.
The mystical ritual of dancing barefoot on burning embers was presented in front of the Pantheon in Burgas. The astonishing fire dance was part of the program of the 47th edition of the International Folklore Festival. Groups from Russia, Cyprus, Slovakia, Romania, Poland, Serbia, Georgia, and Bulgaria took part in the festival, whose official closing is tonight. All participants will join in the colorful closing show in Troyka Square at 5.30 pm. The official ceremony will take place at the Summer Theatre at 8.00 pm.
- » Bulgarian Pavilion at the Venice Biennale was Visited by over 17,200 People
- » "Night 2019" in Plovdiv Offers Many Cultural Events
- » The Bulgarian Premiere of SOMEONE FROM HOME Will Take Place on September 15 at the Kino Cabana
- » Milko Lazarov's "Aga" is the Bulgarian Proposal For an Oscar
- » Theodore Ushev's 'The Physics of Sorrow' Animation with a World Premiere in Toronto
- » Vezhdi Rashidov Opens an Exhibition in Plovdiv