Longtime Volkswagen Boss Ferdinand Piëch Has Died
Former CEO (1993-2002) and Former Chairman of the Supervisory Board (2002-2015) of Volkswagen Ferdinand Piëch died on Monday at the age of 82, TASS reported, citing Bild.
According to Bild, the Austrian businessman was admitted to hospital after visiting a restaurant in the German city of Rosenheim. The cause of Piëch's death is not clear.
Ferdinand Piëch was born in Vienna in 1937. He is the grandson of Ferdinand Porsche, the founder of the company with the same name. Piëch was chairman of Volkswagen's supervisory board until 2015.
Volkswagen has long been associated with Piëch's business. The entrepreneur was considered a legend of the German automotive industry.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Up to 110 Shooting Stars per Hour in Bulgaria Between August 11th and 13th
- » Two Beluga Whales Have Been Moved to an Open Water Sanctuary After Almost 10 Years Away From the Sea
- » Face Masks Now Mandatory at Outdoor Areas in Paris
- » Protests in Bulgaria: Protesters in Sofia Lifted One Blockade
- » Forest Fire in Bulgarian Region of Svilengrad Continues, State of Emergency Is Extended
- » Bulgaria: 11 Infected with COVID-19 in a Dialysis Center in Dobrich